QUICK LINKS: FROM THE FIRST TEE
The Valparaiso Country Club was organized in 1921 and originally a 9-hole course opened in 1922. The course was designed and construction was managed by charter club member Harlow Smith. Mr. Charles Foster and Patrick Clifford (also charter members) provided equipment and workers gratis from their company, Foster Lumber and Construction Company, to build the course. A building on the 80-acre farm of John Kuehl farm, where the course is located, was used as a temporary clubhouse until a permanent clubhouse was constructed and dedicated on November 11, 1925. There has been numerous changes and additions over the years to the original clubhouse.
In 1962, Midwest golf course architect John Darrah was hired to renovate the original 9-hole course and design a second 9 holes. Mr. Darrah, who listed among his works/reworks the Olympia Fields CC, where the 2003 U.S. Open was held. Mr. Darrah helped bring Olympia Fields back to life after World War II.
Valpo Country Club features bent grass fairways and beautifully manicured greens. We pride ourselves in our greens being among the best in Northern Indiana. Our terrain is gently rolling, with numerous, but subtle, elevation changes. Many of the holes are lined with mature trees, making accuracy a must for your game. This finely manicured golf course features a wide variety of shot values and angles that will challenge golfers of every skill level.
John Darrah ASGCA